Saturday, May 31, 2014

Nature Girl by Karen Whiting and Rebecca White

Release Date: March 11th 2014
Publisher: Zondervan
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

About the Book: 
Love God, Love the Planet
 As you become an expert in all things green, Nature Girl offers fun ways to care for God s creations while enjoying the wonders of nature! With activities, recipes, science experiments, and much more, you can discover how to create recycled jewelry, plan a spa day with friends, make your own earth-friendly skin care products, or team up to clean a park or a neighbor s yard. Each chapter covers different topics, like water, air, energy, and recycling, and includes crafts, Scripture, games, quizzes, interviews with experts, and quotes from real girls like you. From the itty-bitty flowers at your feet to the air high above your head, discover how you can make a difference for our planet.

My Thoughts:

I was so excited when I was asked to review this book. I know I'm a little older than the target age group, but that's never stopped me before. I have to say, I loved everything about this book, and it's one I would happily hand this to any one of my young cousins, or my own future daughter(s). 

There is so much fun packed in this book that it's funny how you don't realize your learning anything until you look back afterwards. There are wonderful bits of Scripture throughout that kept a smile on my face, not to mention cool little crafts and earth-friendly recipes that made the book really interactive. I like the way that each chapter covers a different topic, that way it's not overwhelming and you can really drink it all in. This is own of those books that really is for the mind, the body and the soul. I feel like ever young girl could benefit from having a copy of this book, it focuses not only on protecting and preserving the earth, but on being yourself and being confident in yourself. I highly recommend!




“Twitter” “Facebook” “Goodreads” “Pinterest”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)