Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dollhouse by Anya Allyn

Dollhouse (Dollhouse, #1)Dollhouse by Anya Allyn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Over years, young girls are captured and kept in a macabre underground life-sized dollhouse. While searching for their missing friend, fifteen-year-old Cassie, Ethan and Lacey discover the strange dollhouse concealed beneath an abandoned mansion in the mountains. Now Cassie must figure a way to escape the dollhouse's dark clutches.

* Hidden rooms and terrifying secrets * A chilling shadow that stalks the corridors * Missing girls and clocks that spin backwards * A slow-burn nightmare, a world of supernatural darkness and strange secrets.

Six months ago, fifteen-year-old Cassie Claiborne reluctantly moved from her home in Florida with her social worker mom. In her new home--a remote, mountainous Australian town, Cassie meets new friends--Aisha Dumaj, Ethan McAllister and Lacey Dougherty.

For the first time, Cassie falls in love. The only problem is that the boy she falls for is her friend, Ethan--and he and Aisha are already an item. When Cassie goes on a school hike to Devils Hole with her new friends, she tries desperately to keep her feelings for Ethan secret.

Aisha disappears on the hike without a trace--with the police believing she was murdered.

When Cassie, Ethan and Lacey return to the mountains to search for Aisha--Cassie begins to realize she never really knew any of her friends. Everyone has their own secrets. She discovers the stranger lurking inside everyone she thought she knew.

The darkest secret of all waits beneath the old mansion in the mountains--a secret from which there is no escape....


I was so excited when I read about this book on Amazon, and seeing as it was free I had nothing to lose. My only problem now? I can't wait to purchase book 2 of the series!

Anya Allyn's writing style reads both soothing and beautifully haunting, which makes it absolutely perfect for the story she has spun. You will find yourself on the edge of your seat as you flip page after page tumbling towards that crazy cliffhanger of an ending. As you read deep into the night you will make sure none of your childhood dolls or stuffed animals are in view.

Cassie, the protagonist, was very interesting to follow as she is both brave but human. I really liked her voice in this story, and those of the other dolls/prisoners. I really don't want to give the story away, but I must say it's like something you would expect on an episode of Criminal Minds gone further than you would ever imagine. I honestly can't wait to read what happens next and Dollhouse is a book I will happily put on my "recommended" list.

As I write this review(10/16/13), this book is still free on Amazon Kindle so I would pick it up while you have the chance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)