Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Anything to Have You by Paige Harbison

Anything to Have YouAnything to Have You by Paige Harbison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nothing should come between best friends, not even boys. ESPECIALLY not boys.

Natalie and Brooke have had each other's backs forever. Natalie is the quiet one, college bound and happy to stay home and watch old movies. Brooke is the movie—the life of every party, the girl everyone wants to be.

Then it happens—one crazy night that Natalie can't remember and Brooke's boyfriend, Aiden, can't forget. Suddenly there's a question mark in Natalie and Brooke's friendship that tests everything they thought they knew about each other and has both girls discovering what true friendship really means.


I really enjoyed this book, especially the parts that were in Natalie's Point of View, as I never really could get myself to like Brooke that much, except almost exactly at the end.

Natalie was an extremely likable character, and you feel her pain at not even being able to remember what happened that night. Especially when she finds out something even more worrisome. I love how she works through her problems, and even though it could be frustrating at times(I'd be practically screaming at her to know what I knew--yes I have conversations with fictional characters, sue me), I really enjoyed the book in it's entirety.

Brooke, however, I was not a big fan of, as aforementioned. But, not in the way that I'm saying the author did a bad job. Not at all--I'm pretty sure it was intentional, as I did have moments of sympathy and moments where I wanted to shake her and be all "Get your head on straight girl!" Brooke was, to put it mildly, rather selfish. Aiden was safe for her and she didn't want to let that go. But, as the book progresses to its final pages, Brooke did begin to mature(no spoilers)and you find you really enjoyed the ride.

Overall, this book is definitely something I enjoyed and would hand out to my friends(a book is a perfect birthday/Christmas/anytime present people!), as I found it to be relatable to almost anyone. I love the way the author gracefully touches on some pretty strong themes, and this book was about as real as you can get. So, when it hits the shelves in February 2014 y'all should definitely run out and get a copy. Having never read anything by Paige Harbison before, I will definitely look forward to reading more from her in the future. As always, I hope I was able to do this book justice.


*I received this book as an ARC for review from the publisher, but it in no way effects my opinion*


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)