Thursday, October 17, 2013

Play With Me by Piper Shelly

Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)Play With Me by Piper Shelly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ryan Hunter's parties are legend. And tonight she's going to be there.

Liza Matthews anticipates the return of her best friend and only love since kindergarten from soccer camp. But when Tony finally shows up, his mind is more focused on another girl. And worse, she's a soccer player. Fighting for the attention Liza craves, she's just a hairbreadth away from making a very stupid decision. But when extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures, she's prepared to play ball to get her man.

The tryouts are hell, the first match ends bloody, and the morning after the selection party she wakes up in the worst place possible—in the arms of the captain of the soccer team. The hottest guy in school. Ryan Hunter.


I actually really enjoyed this novella. It was a quick, fun read and one that I felt was time well spent.

Liza joins the soccer team hoping to impress her life long best friend, Tony. The only problem? Tony is interested in someone else. In walks Ryan, captain of the soccer team and (obvious to all but Liza) has quite the thing for Liza. I can't tell you much more without giving away the book, but I really did find it well written and enjoyable. The only thing I had a problem with is at times, to me, Liza's thoughts seemed a bit childish, almost to the point I was thinking of a three star rating. But, then I thought about how this book is one of the few young adult books out there right now I would happily hand a younger cousin, because of that. Plus, like I said, I really enjoyed Ms. Shelly's writing style, and to be honest I loved the book and I'm really looking forward to reading the next in Ryan's point of view. This is a book that I feel would be best for the mid teen range, but myself at 17 really loved it too. I was glad to have found this book on Kindle, as I feel these less popular authors really deserve their chance to shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)