Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Lola is not in any way average. She is one of the most out there protagonists I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. Yes, pleasure. I loved this book. For all intents and purposes she was an extremely relatable character, which surprises me because we are night and day different.
In the first place I only bought this because I loved "Anna and the French Kiss" but I wasn't expecting to like "Lola and the Boy Next Door" even more. But, from the unusual parents and wicked awesome character names to the crazy wardrobe and Nancy Drew wannabe best friend I loved every minute. In fact the only problem I had with this lovely read is that it had me so hypnotized I had to rewash a load of clothes because I forgot to stick them in the dryer. That good people. I definitely recommend, even if you haven't read "Anna and the French Kiss." I so can't wait to read Isla's story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)