Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hooked by Liz Fichera

Hooked (Hooked, #1)Hooked by Liz Fichera
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Native American Fredricka ‘Fred’ Oday is invited to become the only girl on the school’s golf team, she can’t say no. This is an opportunity to shine, win a scholarship and go to university, something no one in her family has done.

But Fred’s presence on the team isn’t exactly welcome — especially not to rich golden boy Ryan Berenger, whose best friend was kicked off the team to make a spot for Fred.

But there’s no denying that things are happening between the girl with the killer swing and the boy with the killer smile...

I liked the sound of this book from the beginning. I loved that you got to really see into the eyes of a modern day girl living on the "Rez" and not just some made up way that you get from similar stories. You can definitely tell the author did her research!
I'd never really had much interest in golf, much to my parents' disappointment(they think I'd be a natural), but this book made me want to pick up the club. Not a story I would consider cliché, the pieces really seem to fit together perfectly to create a nicely written story with just the right amount of twists and turns to keep the reader interested. I would definitely recommend.



*I received this book from the publisher, but that in no way effected my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)