Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed (Slammed, #1)Slammed by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.


Oh. My. Goodness. Colleen Hoover has done it again. This book left me, well quite honestly, Slammed. The first book I ever read by this author was Hopeless, and I've since labeled it one of my all time favorite books, and "Slammed" is certainly joining the ranks. Based on the synopsis, I knew something big was going to happen that would force Layken and Will apart. But, the actually cause, and every twist and turn after, well those are things I did not see coming. I love that the book features the Avett Brothers and slam poetry, both of which I'm a big fan of. I believe that this is the type of book that can appeal to a pretty broad age group, which is one thing I'm always looking for when reading a book. I'm sixteen, and I like to ask myself if I'll still like this book in, say, ten years. With Slammed, I think that is a very likely possibility and I feel it has definite reread potential. Y'all should definitely check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)