Thursday, September 11, 2014

Helping Hand Review



So basically, the Helping Hand is a product by I-Stand, Inc. that is supposed to make your life easier by holding your phones, tablets, Kindles, other e-readers, etc. for you on your desk, in your car, and even on your boat. Hands free Kindle usage? Y'all know I jumped all over that! 

When the box arrived, was kind of unsure what I was supposed to do exactly because it contained no instructions. No problem, I'm a reasonable smart girl and it's kind of straight forward. So, after removing the plastic that covers the sticky pad, I realized that the product wasn't as sturdy as I had hoped. In fact, it seemed like it would fall over at the littlest touch. Still yet, I was ready to try it out, because as far as I know as windy as it gets here in Southern Kentucky it really doesn't ever get to blowing inside. 
From the very beginning I was a bit concerned the sticky pad would leave residue on my Kindle, so I immediately stuck it on there, then took it right back off to check it out. So far, so good!

Then, I really adhered it to it, and lined it up, testing it like the picture below states(only over my couch because I was seriously afraid it would fall! 

.  .  .
It didn't fall. I shook and shook and that little awesomeness none as my Kindle stayed stuck like glue to the Helping Hand. So, then I was ready to try it out.
I feel like it holds my Kindle in the right place for me to be at my little workstation on my laptop and have an audiobook playing while I'm working on other things on the computer. Or, even more helpful, having my Kindle right in front of my eyes as I pour through the notes I keep as I read books so I can easily write my reviews in a much more efficient manner. 

My one worry, still yet, was that the sticky pad would stop being so adhesive after use. So, I tested this for a month before I felt I could give an accurate assessment of my experience with the product. I must say, I am definitely happy with it! The sticky pad still stays adhesive, and I kept the original piece of plastic that fits perfectly over it so as to keep it from getting anything, well, icky stuck to the sticky, haha. 

So, overall the product really surprised me after my initial impressions and I see myself getting a lot of use out of it... at home. I'm not really seeing how I could use this in the car, the base is much larger than a cup holder. Considering I don't see it necessary for me to need it in the car, I don't find too much of a problem with this. In fact, I really recommend this product for people who like to have their Kindle(or tablet or phone) at their side, but not having the extra hands to hold on. At the risk of sounding cheesy, I recommend this for someone in need of a Helping Hand!





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

“Twitter” “Facebook” “Goodreads” “Pinterest”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)