Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tadeo Turtle by Janis Cox




Released: October 2012
Written and Illustrated by Janis Cox
My Rating: 50 bazillion of 5 Turtles(more on this later)

My Review:
I don't often review children's books on here, but I do work with children almost everyday, so when Janis contacted me for a review I happily accepted. I decided the best way to review a children's book would be to see how a child reacted to it. So, I read this book to a six year old little boy I sometimes watch while his mother is at work. We shall call him J in this review. 
My own thoughts on reading this book to him was that it seemed to really keep his attention well, and that is saying something because, did I mention, he's a six year old little boy--not much keeps their attention! I found the story well written and I thought the illustrations were adorable. Of course, J's thoughts are the important ones here, so here's what he had to say:
I asked him what he thought immediately upon finishing the book. His answer? Perfect! He talked about how he really liked the way it rhymed and that he understood what happened in the book. His favorite part, though, were the "pictures" he loved all the colors on the turtle and liked the way purple was used because "purple isn't just a girl color." So, all in all, I think J really liked this book. Suffice to say, I've had to read it to him about twenty more times since then, and this was just last week! 
One thing I would like to add is there is a really fun curriculum  and nice little projects in the book that I plan on doing with J so I may come back and edit this after trying those out. I highly recommend you look into this book as I found it to be a nice children's book, and like I said, it kept J's attention! Oh, and by the way, as far as the rating: J insisted I use turtles instead of stars and the only possible rating would be 50 bazillion. In his words: It's just that awesome!
*I received this book for review from the author. This, however, in no way affected my review or J's.*


2 comments:

  1. Paige,
    Thank you so much for this fun and lovely review. Thank J as well. If he wants to do some of the activities, and you take pictures I will post them on my blog.
    Blessings to you,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janis,
      You are very welcome! I will be sure to let him know you said thank you, I bet he'll like that. I will make sure that if we take pictures while doing the activities I will pass them along if I get the okay from his Mama. :)
      Have a lovely week!

      Delete

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)