Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Running Lean by Diana L. Sharples

My Rating: 5 of 5 Stars

About the Book:
Equilibrium. That’s what Stacey and Calvin found in each other. He is as solid as his beloved vintage motorcycle and helps quiet the constant clamor in Stacey’s mind. She is a passionate, creative spirit---and a lifeline after Calvin’s soldier brother dies.
But lately the balance is off. Calvin’s grief is taking new forms. Voices of self-loathing are dominating Stacey’s life. When struggles with body image threaten her health, Calvin can’t bear to lose another person that he loves. Taking action may destroy their relationship, but the alternative could be much more costly.

My Thoughts:
*I received this book for review from the publisher, but this in no way affects my thoughts as expressed in this review*

So, as soon as I saw the cover of this book, I was like "wow, that looks interesting," but it was the synopsis that sold me. It sounded like an amazing book, yet some nagging part of me was worried I wouldn't like it. Well, that nagging part was wrong. I loved this book!

Stacey and Calvin were such well written characters. Their story, their struggles, just really pulled me right on in. I really felt for these characters, and my emotions were just haywire. I couldn't stop reading til I got to the last page. I will say this, one really great part of this book is that it wasn't all sad, their were parts where I was laughing out loud. In public places. Yeah. Lots of weird looks. So, I think that's what sets this a part. It was a book that inspired me to cry but it also made me laugh. I don't often say that, but it's true. I love books like this, and this will forever be a book I consider a favorite, and I see many rereads in my future. I definitely recommend Running Lean, whether you've dealt with what the characters are going through are not, this book is easy to relate to and extremely well written. Diana L. Sharples is going on my watch list!



“Twitter” “Facebook” “Goodreads” “Pinterest”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)