Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ataxia and the Ravine of Lost Dreams by Rachel Barnard

3.5 of 5 stars
Visit the Author: Website|Facebook

About the Book:
As the U.S. government prepares to take over the world, MC infiltrates one of their elite academies that trains future leaders.  MC must rise to the top in the Cube training grounds in order to be placed high up within the government so she can stop them in their takeover.

 It is not until her fourth and final year at the academy that her top-student status is threatened by the sudden arrival of Li, the new transfer student. MC is completely focused on her self-created mission until she gets sidetracked by Li, who might be bad news in more ways than which she bargained.

My Thoughts:
*I received this book for review from the author. This in no way affects my thoughts expressed in this review*
Ataxia and the Ravine of Lost Dreams takes place in an eerily not too far away future where main character MC attends the Academy. The premise for this book was really promising for me, and I found myself enjoying it at times, but then at times I just wished there was a tad bit more back story. In the end though, it all comes together and is a book I'd definitely recommend for teens who love a good Dystopian type novel. 
MC and all the characters were pretty well written, and I loved the story. Rachel Barnard definitely knows how to pull readers in and Ataxia is certainly a page turner. So, though I had my moments where I wasn't really too sure about the story, by the time I closed the book I was truly sad that it was over. The world that the author created was definitely unlike any futuristic world I'd read before(and I've read a lot), so maybe that was the reason for my confusion in the beginning. So, I guess overall if you're a teen who likes to read something a little different from the usual dystopian, this book is for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)