Friday, April 4, 2014

Treacle Mountain by F.W. Pinkerton

Buy the Book: Amazon
My Rating: 4/5 Stars

My Thoughts:
Mainly taking place in the Bronx of New York City is the story of seventeen year old Annie, an orphan who strives to help clean up the area she lives in. Now, I know what you're thinking, but not that Orphan Annie! She is, however, just as likable. F.W. Pinkerton did a fantastic job of crafting this story, with those small little twists and the view you get into Annie's head... well that's just wonderfully done. This book is one of those few that you can recommend to a wide array of people. Like Thrillers? Read Treacle Mountain. Like Tear-jerkers? Read this one and I dare you not to cry at least once! A heartbreaking read in it's honesty(so real the characters just leap off the pages) this suspenseful tale should definitely be finding it's way onto your To Be Read List! 
If you're anything like me you will be rooting for Annie from the start. The life she has lived is just not fair, and to come out on top by still, for the most part, being a good person is just so amazing. I've, of course, never been in Annie's position living on the streets with no place to call home or family to go home to, but I'd like to think that this is a pretty accurate portrayal and the story just has that way of gripping you and not letting go. I know that I'd read more from F.W. Pinkerton, his style of writing is one that I really respond well to. When I read the synopsis of Treacle Mountain I truly did not expect to be swept into the book as much as I was. Yes, I thought I liked the sound of it, but it did no justice for the great read I was in store for. So, next time you're going on a One-Click spree on Amazon, you might want to keep this one in mind! 
*I received this book for review from the author, but this in no way affected my thoughts expressed in this review.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)