Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Chrysanthemum by Tori Brooks

My Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Publisher: Mike's Basement, Inc. 
Release Date: January 18th 2014
Visit the Author: Website||Twitter|Blog|Blog|Google+

About Chrysanthemum:
A failed kidnapping lands Chrysanthemum in the hands of the one person she shouldn’t trust. Assaulted by memories of past lives, Chrys soon realizes her soul has been tied to Marcus’s for over two thousand years. The original would-be kidnappers are still at large, but Marcus will do anything to protect the woman he loves. Unfortunately, Marcus is a vampire, and her father and brothers are vampire hunters.
My father read me horror stories when he tucked me in at night. He went to secret meetings, including my brothers but never me. He taught me the world is a place full of demons and monsters. At least he tried to, I didn’t believe him. I didn’t learn the truth until I was kidnapped.

My Thoughts:
I cautiously approached this book, because the synopsis left a lot to the imagination so I wasn't sure what direction the book was going to go. After a few short pages, though, I found myself drawn in and ready to read more. The book has a way of, at times, being fast paced, and other times going nice and slow- but it all blends really well together. I love a lot about Chrys, her name especially! Unlike a lot of characters I've read lately she has quite a clear voice(if that makes sense) and I found her to have a nice personality.

There really isn't a lot I can say about this book without giving it away, but I must say that it is a great and has such a surprising(and pretty awesome) ending. Books with vampires have gotten kind of cliche(in a bad way, not a cool classic way) lately, but I didn't feel like this one was. I loved all the characters--I got annoyed with some of them, but it's not a good book if I don't. It just means that I'm emotionally attached to the book and it's characters. I definitely recommend this to those who love a good read and are willing to take a chance on another book with vamps involved, this is one you won't be disappointed in! 
*I received this book for review from the author, but this in no way affected my thoughts expressed in this review*





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)