Saturday, March 22, 2014

This Love by Nazarea Andrews

As part of the awesome Return To Branton event going on right now to celebrate this awesome series, here is my review of the book that started it all, This Love.

About This Love:
Visit the Author: Website|Facebook|Twitter|Blog
Buy the Book: Amazon|B&N
My Rating 4 of 5 Stars

She wants a summer job and a ride to a wedding. 

He wants an assistant and a distraction from the mess his life had become.

They didn't know they needed each other.

Avery Emili needs two grand. Two grand and a plane ticket--her sister is counting on her to get to Jamaica for her wedding. But the semester is over, and tutoring college freshman and high school students has dried up until the fall.

Atticus Grimes needs help--the messy split with his wife left the twenty-eight year old professor scrambling to keep things together as the semester winds down. Now he's got a research grant he has to actually do research for and all he wants to do is drown himself in a tall bottle of bourbon.

When Avery sees his ad for an assistant, all she's thinking is a summer job. But as they spend time together, in the office and out, both of them begin to realize something is there. Something that can't happen--he's a professor and she's a student. And both of them have histories, pasts that won’t let go. Can two broken people pulled apart by expectations find a way to be whole?

My Thoughts:
I'm just going to be completely honest and up front here and say that based on this book's synopsis I had a fear that it could end up being cliche, I mean we've all come across a few student/teacher books that fit that mold right? Well, that(thankfully) wasn't the case. In fact, it was a very original story. But, this review isn't about me patting myself on the back for figuring out that I was wrong(it does happen, people) and taking a chance on what turned out to be a really awesome book, it's about said really awesome book. So, here we go.

You kind of understand from the get go that any relationship between Avery and Atticus is pretty much a recipe from disaster, yet you can't deny the pull that the two characters have for each other. Avery just needed a job to make some cash and Atticus needed an assistant--why he just got divorced is something you will definitely have to read for yourself. I highly doubt either of them knew what destiny had in store for them.

Loved the feel of the book and the way I had an almost immediate emotion attachment to the characters. There's been some books I've read lately that really didn't pull me in as much as I would have liked, but with This Love, I almost wanted to read it again, because I just couldn't get enough of the characters. Luckily, I have book two and after reading this one, I have half a mind to tell y'all to run out and get your hands on the whole series, because trust me, you won't be disappointed. Keep in mind my lovely younger readers, this book is New Adult(as is a lot of books I'm loving lately) so reader discretion is advised. Stay tuned for my review of the next book in the series!
*I received this book for review from the publicist, but this in no way affected my review or opinion* 

**********************************************
Random Question: Do y'all think I overuse italics in my reviews? I've never had anyone comment on it, but I know I use them a lot. I think they just help me better express my feelings which are, of course, what my reviews are based on. Although, I would hate to be turning readers off by them. I'd love to hear your thoughts! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)