Saturday, March 8, 2014

Immortal Lies by S.L. Gray

Date Released: December 18th 2013

About the Book:
"Being a vampire isn't all it's cracked up to be. Anyone who tells you otherwise is prowling for a snack."

Tybalt Jones is not your typical creature of the night. He prefers Havana shirts to capes and his "sidekick" is a curvy faerie girl. Not a hunchback in sight. He's been out of the vampire "scene" for years, and he'd be happy to stay out for the rest of his unlife.

But vampires connected to Tybalt are disappearing from St. Sebastian's streets. To make matters worse, he's on a literal deadline to clean up the city.

With a little gypsy know-how, a dab of faerie luck and a crash course in using his unusual gifts, he might just survive to restore peace.

For now.


My Review:
What can I say about Immortal Lies? I guess I can start by saying it is a seriously awesome book! I love the voice the author creates, truly unique and sarcastic(which I, of course, love!). Tybalt Jones became a favorite character right along with his girlfriend, Vi, a super awesome faerie. I think that's what I loved most about this book, their relationship, it's so unusual these days to find a story with an already established romance and I wasn't sure I would like it, but turns out it was awesomely refreshing. 
I think that vampire books lately have been given the short straw, so to speak. Many people seem to think they're all the same. I have to say that Immortal Lies, however, is unlike anything I've ever read. I loved every page and had it read within hours of starting it(a perfect companion to help me get through the virus that I thought I'd never shake!). 
I really liked the hint of mystery in the book, and the way the world was so vividly created. I cannot wait to read more from S.L. Gray and I recommend for anyone who is not afraid to pick up another vampire novel, because this one is unlike any you've read before!
*Although I received this book for review from the author, this in no way affected my review or opinion*


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)