Thursday, March 27, 2014

Beautiful Broken by Nazarea Andrews

As part of the Return to Branton event going on I am reviewing book two of this lovely series. As you can guess from my review of book two, I had high hopes from this one and was luckily not disappointed!

About Beautiful Broken:
Visit the Author: Website|Facebook|Twitter|Blog
Buy the Book: Amazon|B&N
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

She's been broken by her past. He's been breaking for as long as he can remember.
Together, they can make each other whole--or destroy each other.

When his best friend asks for something, Dane rarely says no. But babysitting a newly sober Scout Grimes for three weeks isn't exactly a normal request. And with their history, it's a recipe for disaster. Not to mention, she's drop dead gorgeous and he can't touch her.

There are few people Scout trusts as much as Dane Guillot. He's always been her safe place, where nothing can hurt her. He's also been the only man she's never let herself want--screwing up their friendship isn't worth one amazing night together.

They have too much history, and too much personal baggage to ever work. But if they are willing to take a chance on love--it might be worth the risk.

My Thoughts:
Having just read This Love shortly before diving into Beautiful Broken I had such high hopes for this book. Nazarea Andrews had me so engrossed in the characters and storyline in the first book that I felt like she couldn't let me down with this one, and I was right!  
I loved reading about Scout and Dane. They are just... perfect for each other. This book deals with a lot of serious issues--Scout has been through a whole lot of stuff in her life, making a whole bunch of baggage. You can tell pretty much right off that Dane really cares about Scout, really cares about her. But, there is just so much keeping them from being together that it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.
One of my favorite things about this book is the way that it doesn't exactly begin after This Love is over--it sort of overlaps. That's just a pretty cool thing you don't see very often and it makes it all seem a bit more true to life the way the story lines are all intertwining. 
I just really love watching these two broken characters try to overcome their pasts and work together to do so. I'm not sure I can say I loved this book more than This Love, I think that personally I loved the first book more, but as a standalone this book is truly great and one that I recommend to all New Adult fans! 
*I received this book for review from Inkslinger PR, but this in no way affected my thoughts expressed in this review*






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)