Wednesday, December 4, 2013

First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky

First Comes Love (First Comes Love, #1)First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Release Date: May 8th 2012
Publisher: HMH Books For Young Readers

Like his name, Gray is dark and stormy. Dylan, a girl always searching for what's next, seemingly unable to settle down, is the exact opposite: full of light and life. On the outside, they seem like an unlikely couple. But looks can be deceiving and besides, opposites attract.

What starts as friendship, turns into admiration, respect and caring, until finally these two lone souls find they are truly in love with each other.

But staying in love is not as easy as falling in love. If Dylan and Gray want their love to last, they're going to have to work at it. And learn that sometimes love means having to say you're sorry


I fell headfirst in love with this book from the first page. Dylan has become one of my all time favorite characters. I truly hope that there are people like her in the world, and if there is there needs to be even more. Gray and Dylan are day and night, but they fast become friends after a chance meeting on the sidewalk at the local college. From there is a love that grows both slowly and quickly(if that even makes sense) and a story that will stay with me forever. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
One of my favorite things is there was no perfect happy ending, because this book transcends into being like the real world in that there is rarely that perfect happily ever after.
The best part of the book though, was the author's style, it perfectly fit with the story and I felt she was able to capture both male and female perspectives and emotions perfectly. I highly recommend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)