Friday, November 29, 2013

The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Release Date: November 19th 2013
Publisher: Razorbill

***This is the fourth book in the Bloodlines series. Although my review will not contain spoilers of this book, it may spoil the previous books for you. So, if you haven't read books 1-3, proceed with caution!***

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure—and re-education—looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this thrilling fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.


Wow. Just wow. I love this series so much, maybe more than it's predecessor.

Some people I've talked to seem to think that vampire series are worn out, but not when you create a world like Richelle Mead has in both theVampire Academy and Bloodlines series. I was actually pleasantly surprised with how well the back in forth chapters between Adrian and Sydney went because, let's all admit it--it's pretty cool to see inside Adrian's head, too. Plus, I'd already come to love Sydney's commentary literally since book one and I'd liked her character since the VA books.

Moving on, in this book things are a pretty tough go for Adrian and Sydney. Seeing as Sydney's sister, Zoe, arrived at the end of The Indigo Spell, it has made them sneaking around to spend time together even harder. Then we have tattooing, lots of tattooing. I'll just leave it at that. This book is pretty action packed and there is danger and stress at every corner because of all the secret keeping, so I really liked that Richelle Mead instilled that same humor we've all come to love and expect in her novels, despite the circumstances. I'd really like to mention a few scenes, but I strive to be anti-spoiler so I'll just have to restrain myself.

The ending, though, is something that you may have expected, but certainly not the way it happened with that huge cliffhanger! Although, again that really has become Mead's thing. Overall, I definitely recommend this book, especially if you loved the first three as much as I did!

July seems so far away...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Paige, you contacted us last month to be listed as a book reviewer on http://www.stepbystepselfpublishing.net/. We just listed your site as a feature. Thanks for being an independent book reviewer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring me! I truly appreciate it and I look forward to being able to help more Indie Authors out by reading and reviewing their books! ~Paige

      Delete

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)